Friday, December 16, 2005

Broken Dishes Block


This is a block for the quilt I have been working on - I have all the blocks sewn and squared up! Yeah! This is another 5 fabric quilt (the 5th quilt is the border). The original pattern calls for a solid where I have the light floral. Well, I had the light floral so that is what I used and I like it! I have never used a "biggish" print before for a background, but the colors are subtle enough that I was willing to try.

OK , remember that photo of my winter stash? Well, 2 of the 5 piles are now gone (1 pile for the Trip Around the World, a 2nd pile for this quilt).

Well, that's all for now - my little boy is jumping all over and wants to play!

4 comments:

quiltpixie said...

way to go working through your stash... I think the pattern looks great as background. I love the colours in it.

Jeanne said...

Hi Evelyn, thank you for visiting my blog! I'm happy to meet you. Love the photos of your little guy in the snow!

The Calico Cat said...

LOVE IT! The large light print in the background is a wonderful choice! Way to use what you have!

Laurie said...

Evelyn,
You broken dishes block is adorable! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs
Laurie