Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Green for the month of May


















I have a ton of other things I should be doing right now, but I wanted to pop in and say hi! Time to sit on the couch for a few moments, sip a cup of hot tea, put my feet up and... blog. Ah yes, relaxation!

I have no time to quilt right now, really no time at all. Well, OK - I did try to lay out a border the other day and Little Boy promptly rode his big wheel bike all over my entire top! My mistake - I usually only sew at night, but lately I've been too tired to sew at night so thought I would give daytime a try. Ha! Ah well. Call me Shack-Whacky - it has been raining all week - which translates into no long walks to tire the busy boy out. And bad weather has sort-ov delayed my trip too. Sigh. Oh, but wait - all this rain is equaling - green grass! That must be why this month's color theme is green... sooo....

In progress - I present - Ocean Waves in GREEN! I started this last fall while I was visiting on the Cape and worked a bit on it again in April when I was back there. Call it my Cape quilt, but hello! It is GREEN - so works for May Show & Tell. All the little triangles are already pieced - I just have to put them onto the plain squares (which is actually a subtle marbled fabric). And this project is even on my Top 25 list as 1 of 2 Ocean Waves UFO's I would like to finish and since I have been so good and sticking to my lists, there is actually hope that this quilt might get finished sometime in the near future. And, I would dearly love to finish it - although it isn't perfect, I like it!





















And how does a busy Momma with a Toddler shop for scrappy fabric for such a quilt? Seeing that I was on the Cape when I started it and didn't have a scrap of fabric with me? I bought 3 fat quarter packs on clearance at a quilt shop! So, the range is very interesting - some prints I just love and then there is alot of stuff that they obviously weren't selling, but combined together I think it is looking pretty good. I was desperate for some fabric and just having the background fabric measured and cut was almost pushing it with Little Boy that particular day, so the fat quarter bundles were a life saver! Even the fabrics that I was thinking - eeewww, had to be used and now I am happy that I did use them all. There is very little left over (I opened up some of them a bit bigger to show the variety) but there is enough left to add a bit to my stash! My happy green May stash!


13 comments:

Laurie said...

Evelyn,
The greens are GORGEOUS! I hope you are having fun with them! I'm so far behind on blogging...your pics are great!
Hugs
Laurie

The Calico Cat said...

Love the ocean waves! (Those EWW's really help - I've got a few in mine too!)

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love your green ocean waves so far! It is perfect!

Hanne said...

I really like your green blocks, and the variety of fabrics adds a lot of interest to ghe blocks.

Simonetta said...

Hi Evelyn,
I adore the green, will go out from there a great beautiful job, I am sure of it!!!!
I make you my compliments :))))
Regards
Simonetta

Finn said...

Love your ocean waves in green..*VBS* I've been thinking about a all green pineapple blossom, but having 5 obligation quilts to do, it might be awhile...LOL. I think you did wonderfully with what you had, Hugs, Finn

Anonymous said...

wow that is really striking!

Darcie said...

Awesome greens, Evelyn! And the perfect quilt-in-progress to use them!

Happy Mother's Day!

Cher said...

your Green ocean waves is coming along...funny how we can feel so driven to do something quilty.

Linda C said...

This is going to be a gorgeous quilt--and it is not all that easy of a pattern to tackle especially with a toddler trying to help/hinder progress.

I mailed out the package Weds to the address you gave me, BTW.

Patti said...

I always say "you need a few uglies to make the pretties stand out". Your ocean waves is the proof of that. As Bonnie says, everything looks good if you cut it small enough.

Unknown said...

Wow great quilt. And great fabric.

I love ocean waves all the pieces.
Great job!!!!

Granny said...

Love your green ocean waves. Tired or not, I odn't know how you get so much done with Little Boy to entertain.

It is funny that sometimes I find fabrics too that I think I will never use and when I do use them, mostly just to get rid of them, I'm almost always happy with the way they turn out.

Judy L.