Saturday, May 06, 2006

Lobster!


















Oh look - I have found another use for my 4" ruler - to show you how big this lobster is! No, we didn't eat these lobsters - we got them empty. I think the BIG lobsters are not so good to eat anyway and depending upon how BIG a lobster is - not even legal to take out of the water alive - but since I am not a lobster fisherman, I can't tell you the laws for sure. But, the big lobsters are the ones that lay the most eggs, so to take the really big ones, well, as a lobster fisherman - it isn't a good thing for the future.

In anycase, my DH has been on the lookout for a BIG lobster to make some kind of display for the dining room. And, local fisherman delight in dropping off various claws and lobsters for consideration - these lobsters are the latest offering! As far as the really BIG lobsters - sometimes dead ones will come up in the nets - totally empty because the ground eaters of the ocean have already gotten to the lobster meat. So - this is what is decorating my front porch for right now!

P.S. I absolutely don't eat lobster anyway. But, if you like lobster - DH has a foolproof way of cooking them - he puts them in a brown paper bag and microwaves them. Yup. No waterlogged lobster and they are nicely steamed. I know - sounds gross, but no worse than boiling them alive, right?
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Granny said...

Those are HUGE lobsters! I love lobster!!

Judy L.

The Calico Cat said...

please keep us updated on your husbands decorating ideas... I am sure that is one of those "you gotta see" things! (Right now all I can "see" & imagine is a stink... that is hard to describe...

Samantha said...

Ah, I LOVE lobster myself! The big ones are usually tougher, is my understanding, plus ungodly expensive, so I'll stick to eating little ones...