Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A plan for this UFO






















Everytime I take this UFO out, I think - um, what was I thinking? Other than the fact that it is bright and in primary colors - did I have a plan? Well guess what? I have a plan for this top now - or at least I think I do!

Linda J. over at catsnqlts is sending me some great TRAIN blocks for Little Boy! So, I am thinking of adding a TRAIN border all around this top. And, then I can add his name going down the big empty blocks diagonally. And in the other big empty blocks I can something like 1, 2, 3 and maybe some simple applique shapes. So, I am going to get busy making some more train blocks - it is sort-ov like a new project, but I am using a UFO as the base - got to love that!

On my blog, I have changed it to show just 2 posts - for all my previous posts you have to click on the title or go into the archives. Because I am high-speed wireless internet a huge 1st page is no problem - but for anyone on dial-up, I think this will make visiting my page a little speedier. It's worth a try - how many of you are on dial-up anyway? If everyone is high-speed I can switch it back to showing lots of stuff all at once or maybe 3 posts at a time? Anyone with dial-up - feel free to clue me in because I just don't know!

And, I've added a weather pixie to my sidebar - isn't she cute! Except she isn't wearing a jacket - I still am - so obviously we have a difference of opinion on what to wear on a cold, rainy day. In her defense though - her weather guage is located some distance from me, which is probably a warmer place, so just add another layer of clothes onto my pixie for a more accurate Starfishy weather forecast! Which - you might notice for today - is RAIN. More rain. We have had rain, rain, rain and more rain! So, I haven't gone on my trip yet because who wants to go on vacation in the rain?

One good thing about being stuck inside all day though - I called Keepsake Quilting (finally!) about that binding gizmo and they said - no problem for me to return it because I have the receipt!!! AND, I bought this last summer (just got around to testing it out), so I thought that was very generous. I can return it for an even exchange of merchandise so I have been looking off and on at their on-line catalog. Thank goodness DH told me to rescue the thing from the rubbish and call about a refund - and that I could actually find a receipt from last summer! Keepsake was so super nice about the whole thing you would think I was ordering something, not returning it! Yippee!

Thank you for all the nice comments about my scrappy blue quilt/Little Helper!
 Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Linda C said...

Me, unfortunately, dial up and not likely to change anytime soon since I am out in the county.

Trains would looks great on there and get a UFO cleared up plus you know Little Boy will love having his name on his quilt!

ForestJane said...

I'm on dial up too, but your blog seems to load fast anyway.

I think the trains would look great. I bet you could do a search on model train layouts and get some ideas for different cars and things to applique in the big blocks. :)

dot said...

I think your idea for this quilt is great. What little boy would not love to have a quilt with trains on it. You are such a good mom. So I take it the binding thing was a bust, thanks for letting me know.

The Calico Cat said...

So glad you were able to retun the gizmo... I had success with a return to them as well. That is always nice & somewhat unexpected from a fabric store.

Unknown said...

love the idea of trains - can;t wait to see the completed item

Mary Johnson said...

Very cute and the trains and writing will be perfect for it. How many quilts does your son have? Mine have a bunch - mostly bed sized.

When my younger son moved out in November he was counting them all up at the same time he was telling me the next TWO he wanted.

Laurie Ann said...

Glad to hear that Keepsake has such wonderful customer service. I like the idea on how to finish up that UFO. It will be so nicely personalized for Train Boy. I was thinking about changing my page too cause I was worried it was too big. But I couldn't find a setting between one post and one month. I'll have to look again.

Cher said...

even on cable modem, too many pages drops your sidebar info-I had the same issue on mine-so it's not just dial up that causes viewing issues E. What great inspiration for this ufo-and little boy gets another terrific quilt as a result=a real win, win solution! Looking forward to seeing this quilt progress.

Samantha said...

Oh, if my son sees Little Boy's train quilt, he may try to hitchhike to canada and steal it!

Hooray for the keepsake return, and fyi, I'm on DSL or cable depending on where I access...

Doodlebug Gail said...

I'm glad that Keepsake Quilting are going to give you a refund - that must make you feel a whole lot better about it all.

Bright trains around those blocks will look awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product. Little Boy will no doubt we happy with Momma.

Doodlebug
Gail L.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that idea you have for the train quilt is wonderful! I can't wait to see it! What a great idea! And I'm so glad you get to return your binding thing! That is a happy ending!

Hanne said...

The train quilt will be super good :-)
I am on ADSL, so no problem with most blogs, but the blogs that has very heavy sidebars takes a long time for me too.
So nice to hear you get a refund for the binding foot. I am happy for you.

Finn said...

I've just switched over to DSL a few weeks ago, so I'm good to go..*VBS*

I think the idea of adding Linda's train to the side is wonderful, and he will love it! How great is that to re-work a UFO into something new and fresh??/ Really great I'd say!

Silverthimble said...

Excellent plan for the UFO. Keep us posted on the progress. Don't you just love giving new life to a UFO?

Pink and Barbara said...

I think it will look lovely with trains! Glad it worked out with KeepSake quilting!

Laurie said...

Evelyn,
You get more done than anyone I know...even with little boy around! I had to giggle at the pic of him on the blue quilt! ToO FUNNY!
Hugs
Laurie