Sunday, April 29, 2007

Toddler Proof Sewing Box!















Small kids underfoot? I HIGHLY recommend that you RUN right out and purchase a tool box - the kind that you can put a lock on! This is mine - on the smaller side as far as tool boxes go, but plenty big enough to safely lock away my rotary cutters, blades, scissors, permanent fabric pens, sewing machine needles, pins, and various other notions. I like the setable combination lock - set at my birthday so I won't forget (no key to lose!).

I think this is a good idea for grandmom's with visiting grandkids too. Oh - and all those sewers who want to guard their precious fabric scissors from a housefull of teens or husband - grin - how many times have your eyes shot daggers if anyone so much as THINKS about using your sewing scissors to cut paper!

Actually, it is spacious enough to hold a good collection of sewing notions that I would rather not see spread out through-out the house - in other words, safely out of the grasp of one very curious Little Boy. I would feel just terrible if he got hurt with one of my very sharp sewing tools. Plus - it keeps everything in one handy spot for me.

And - look who woke me up, bright and early yesterday morning - a pheasant! His mate is much, much shy-er - prefering to safely hang out near the outskirts of the woods.

5 comments:

Silverthimble said...

What an excellent suggestion! Every mother and grandmother should take heed! Come to think of it, it would be a great idea to lock up my scissors from the adult members of my household! *LOL*

Elaine Adair said...

What a great idea - and I actually used to own one! Have forgotten how handy it was to have everything in one place. Plastic makes it light, and you have all those delicious compartments!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Great idea to lock up the 'sharps', Evelyn! That pheasant is incredible, almost magical. Wow!

Hedgehog said...

Great idea! I miss my cute turquoise tool box in Maine. Have a plastic one (no locking capabilities) here, but will remember that if I have small people around in the future!

Jeanne said...

Oh, he's a beauty!

Jeanne the birdwatcher :)