Friday, August 10, 2007

Shakespeare Puzzle!

Shakespeare in the Park - a pattern by Judy Martin. You might remember that I started this BLUE top in December and then left Austria in January. I brought the pieced segments with me to Cape Cod, but not the directions (oops!). BUT - I did have a completed PURPLE Shakespeare in Canada. So my plan - set the segments aside until I got to Canada where I could lay them all out on the purple quilt to figure out just where all these pieces go!!! Puzzle solved, phew!

So, no, it is not a purple and blue quilt. The purple one is done - on the bottom - the blue one I am working on. If you can call a seam here and there "working on". But - it is summer and I am super busy with other things. After my not so perfect Harvest Sun block (thanks for all the nice comments though!), I decided to concentrate my efforts on finishing up a few odds and ends I have around before really settling down to tackle some more complex star and diamond patterns - maybe stars will be a good plan for winter? Anyway! Just a few more seams on this one and it will be ready to be quilted - but I won't have time/space to lay it back out until probably Monday, but it is soooo very close to being finished, I just had to share!!!! Oh - and yes, that would be my Growing Little Boy flying an airplane across the top because it is so very obviously an ocean with stars, right? Perfect for an airplane flight. He took the photo of me pinning the segments together, he has a good eye for a 4 year old!

This is my 3rd Shakespeare and I plan to make more! Next time around I will be sure to try to keep my project and pattern directions together. I just love this pattern!!! Come on - I know some of you have been contemplating this pattern - give it a whirl!

10 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Oh Evelyn - when I opened up your page, I gasped in amazement! How beautiful, and then I gasped again to read there are TWO of these treasures. How beautiful they both are. Acd Little Boy did a great job of photography!

Mary Johnson said...

The quilts look great and what a great photo by your son.

Meeri said...

I want to make one of these too! Looks really amazing!! Is there a pattern somewhere, or did you just come up with it?

dot said...

This pattern is on my list. I just love yours and did my heart ever skip a beat when I saw your picture this morning. I really like your Shakespear in the Park quilts.

Laurie said...

WOW Evelyn! That quilt is STUNNING!!!!!!!! I just might have to make one of those! Your little boy might be a photographer in the making! ;)
Hugs
Laurie

Susan said...

What a great idea to use the other one for placement. Your son did an awesome job with the camera! That really is a great pattern. What's your next color? If I get to make one someday, it will be greens!

The Calico Cat said...

I finally gave in & am paying my GF to piece it for me...

Shelina said...

Evelyn, this is such a gorgeous quilt. Wow, you've zoomed along making so many, and I'm still thinking about making my first one! I have collected the fabric. Just trying to finish up some quilts that are already in progress before starting a new one. It is coming. Keep showing us yours, and eventually I will definitely get around to it.

Laurie Ann said...

Yes, I would like to make that one some time. Especially after seeing how fabulous yours looks!

The whale watching looks like it was a blast!

Jeanne said...

Simply gorgeous!