Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Have The Time


In tourism, Saturday is always a crazy, busy day. Or at least you hope it is. This Saturday was no exception. But, I still made the time to bring my son to the beach. We only could stay 1 1/2 hours, but we will take what we can get. It was a hot day and he just wasn't interested in his little back patio kiddie pool. Can you blame him - the beach is always way more fun. In the photo above, he has discovered a beat up lobster trap that washed up on the beach.
*
I packed our favorite beach beverage - pink Crystal Light. It is the only "junk" drink he is allowed and we only drink it at the beach. Our beach treat.



I have the time. Maybe I didn't really have the time but in 20 years I don't want to be asking myself why I didn't make the time. So I made the time. Yes, it did make things a BIT more hectic for me on the other end... but I had 1 1/2 hours of pure bliss on the beach with my son. By the looks of the empty beach... on a hot summer day... maybe other people should try to have the time too?
*
Is there something you've been meaning to do? Make the time!
*
Edited to add... there were at least 100 million other things that I "had" to do today, but my son really wanted to go to the beach and was so good waiting for me. Believe it or not, I still got done what had to be done AND we had some fun time for us too!

2 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

I always make time for DD and I to go swimming in the summer even wehn I don't feel like it or would rather be doing something that needs to be done. Our local pool is one block away and we go for an hour from noon until 1 every day. Our July was also horrible - the weather is great at the moment - HOT and HUMID ..... no excuses necessary to go swimming.

Brenda said...

Man!!!! You should have called!! I would have been at the beach too in a hearbeat (or, ahem, a few hours and then the weather would change and, blah, blah, blah!!!)

This is so true -if you have something you want to do, YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE TIME FOR IT!!!! It's not going to happen without a little help from you. And I think that taking some time in the day to do something fun and relaxing gives you way more energy than just 'trying to get it done - so you see what I've got to do???'
It will always be there 'to do' whether you go and do something fun or not, so go do something fun, and make the day special.
I was woundering what was in the picture with your son!! Lobster trap... Hope the season keeps you busy enough!! And you have days to make more beach memories!!!