Friday, October 29, 2010

Sock Knit Along

I am soooo ready for a rest.  Well, finally things are settling down for me - I have lots of stories to tell over the winter, let me tell you!  But for now I can kick back for a bit with my feet up.  And I am prepared - I have my stuff for Judy's Sock Knit-Along which starts November 1st.  Here is the link for the knit-along - LINK
*
I have never knit 2 socks at a time, but I am willing to give it a try.  So, here are my supplies.  I got one needle at 16" for the front of the socks and a 24" needle for the back of the sock.  The lady at the shop said it would be easier to keep track of with 2 different sized needles.  OK.


Do you just love the afghan on the bed?  It is at my sister's house - a friend of hers made it this summer for her guest bed - a queen sized bed!

3 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

What a gorgeous afghan - my goodness, that's a lot of work! Glad you getting a break, looking forward to those stories - LOL.

Vivian said...

I was hoping to join the knit along too but if I do, I plan to use DPN's since I've never knitted socks before (and I STILL have the yarn and needles I bought to try this last year!)

Question: I see you have the new (updated?) edition of Antje Gillingham's "Knitting Circles..." book. Is there any difference in the two editions that made you use this one instead of the other? I haven't seen them in person and before ordering them I'd like to know if there is any preference for getting one edition or the other. If I ever master DPN's I am sure I'll want to try circulars.

Paula, the quilter said...

Don't work from both ends of the yarn skein as the color pattern will be different and you will get a tangled mess as you knit. Separate the yarn out into 2 different cakes/balls. I usually use my kitchen scale to weigh my yarn as I wind it on the yarn winder. HTH.