Monday, March 14, 2011

Irish Hiking Scarf Finished!

Ta-da!  I love this pattern and have made 2 of these scarfs now.  This is called Irish Hiking Scarf and the pattern is from Hello yarn.  The link for the pattern is here.  
*
The yarn I used for this one was Patons Classic Wool (100% pure wool) and I used almost 2 skeins (a few rows short of 2 full skeins).  Each skein is 205m/223 yds at 100 g/3.5 oz.  It was $7.69 each skein at AC Moore - I bought 1 skein using a 50% off coupon, knit that up and wanted more - by then I had another coupon 50% off coupon for 1 item.  So - $7.69 for the entire scarf instead of just over $15!  Considering how many hours it took me to knit - I would say that is cheap entertainment!  I really like how well the pattern shows up with this yarn.
*
I knit and knit and knit and yesterday when I was over visiting my 13 year old niece told me that she thought it was plenty long enough and I should end it!  So I did.  Here I am - holding the scarf which goes up over my head in 1 hand and her little dog Hope in the other. This scarf is a gift for one of my niece's.


Hope got a bath while I was over visiting yesterday...
Oh - and my sister made home-made waffles with blueberries.  Yum!  I am going over again next Sunday and we are going to make more!  They were soooo good.  Stay tuned because I have to get that recipe from her.  Mmmm mmmm good, I tell you!


Not to leave the other dogs out - here is a photo I took when I was out walking Sophie and Sadie.  Hope can't run off-leash - a hawk would make her into a quick snack!  As we head into Spring migration I have been seeing more and more hawks soaring up overhead.
Don't they look happy with their matching tennis balls?

No comments: