Monday, April 04, 2011

McCall's 6297 - A Fun Market Bag

Remember Wednesday night is Craft Night?  Well, I have been working away on this market bag.  There is still one thing left to do - I do not like to use cardboard for the bottom of my bags so I have to get a piece of that needlework plastic stuff for the bottom.  
*
So, basically done.  There are several things I don't like about the design, but it is done and that makes me happy.  Well, except the bottom of the water bottle pockets are driving me crazy because they have about 2" openings on the bottom - just big enough for your car keys to fall out of or something like that.  So, I am going to whip stitch those openings shut.  Better safe than sorry.


And a photo of the pattern.  I have the next bag over cut out and all interfaced - ready to start on this Wednesday at Craft Night.  I don't think it will take as long as this one did - those 4 outside pockets took extra time!  I am just playing around with small projects.  Those 99 cent - $1.99 dollar pattern sales at Joanne's inspires me to buy patterns I would never dream of paying full price for!  This one was originally $18.95, so a good bargain at $1.99.  It is a good, solid bag and I will probably make some more - with a few modifications.  You get to know what you like in your own bags, but for the 1st time around I like to follow the pattern.

If you like shopping on Amazon, it would be really nice if you used my links! Thank you!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Did you make any other bags on that patter by chance? I am working on bag D and am almost done and need some help with step 15 because I am just not doing this step properly!
Love the idea of the plastic needlepoint canvas for the bottom part instead of cardboard!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L M said...

I just made this and it is infuriating! The instructions at step 15 left me stumped for like half an hour! I like the idea of this bag but it is a miss to me in terms of instructions.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I do not have the pattern where I am, otherwise I would be more than happy to help you with step #15. It could be that I just did my own thing for that step if it was so hard to understand. Makes a great knitting bag with built in water bottle holder for the beach, by the way! Just put the thing together the best you can so you can use it!