Sunday, January 24, 2016

Weekend Breakfast

On Friday, my husband and I decided that we would really like a leisurely breakfast on Saturday.  Take time. Set the table. Just enjoy being home and not having to go out on a cold-foggy morning. Letting our son sleep in...but you can see we got him a roll too and he woke up while we were lingering over an extra cup of coffee and joined us.
It is a busy life. Sometimes you just have to schedule in some lingering time. Make it special. Why not? After our nice breakfast, normal, busy life resumed!

My normal breakfast is usually oat cereal with milk and yogurt and 1/2 a banana. If I am in a real rush I will grab a small sandwich. But I always eat breakfast.
The fruit on the table, we often eat for dessert. The oranges are so big! After a meal, we generally share 1 between the 3 of us. 

And that was the extent of my excitement this weekend. Normal life. Go ahead and use the nice dishes!

1 comment:

Doodlebug Gail said...

I like your idea to slow down and enjoy the meal. So many times we're in such a rush, we eat because we have to ..... good for you for slowing down and enjoying it with your family.