Friday, July 15, 2016

Green sock progress

Well, this sock is where I left off on Saturday. I got to say, I love this yarn and look forward to knitting some more socks with it. Usually I use different needles (Prym size 2.5mm) but this yarn is slightly thicker so I really had to dig for 2.75mm needles, hence the Susan Bates brand. Actually, they are not as bad as I thought they would be. Not sure why I thought they would be bad in the first place!

No progress because I was re-admitted into the hospital on Monday and have been here ever since. Sick! Have not even left my room except for various tests and procedures.

Finally, I feel a little better today.  Maybe, just maybe I will work on them in the next day or two.  For now, it seems to be enough for me to just look at them, ha ha!



I asked my husband to please bring me my small tape measure. Well, he could not find it and instead brought me one of my spare quilt measuring tapes.  Do you think 120 inches/300 cm is enough to measure a sock? I laughed!

Here is a photo of the flowers my roommate has. Pretty!


And Schoolboy? I did what was hard for me, but the best thing for him...sent him to my family in the USA for a summer filled with aunts, uncles, cousins, beaches, swimming, fishing, bike riding, camping, cook-outs...All the fun things about summer vacation when you are a child. He has arrived and from all reports is having a great time! So, he gets to play and I get to rest.

Here is a photo from last summer of a fabulous Cape Cod beach. I sure hope I make it before the summer is over, so fingers crossed!

Check out Judy's blog, Patchworktimes to see what everyone else is knitting this week!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Sorry your sick...I do love your sock yarn.....

Dar said...

Sure hope you get out of the hospital soon and can enjoy some summer knitting. Your socks look good. That yarn is making a great design too, Laughed about the measuring tape. My DH would have done the same thing.!!

Doodlebug Gail said...

I am so sorry to read that you are back in the hospital - praying and thinking good thoughts that you start to feel better and get to 100% healthy very soon. I can only imagine how difficult it was to send your son to your family - take good care of yourself and I hope that you will join him soon.