Saturday, July 09, 2016

Knitting while sick

The socks I started in March. It is July. I tend to somehow finish a pair every 4-6 weeks.  So for me not to finish a pair of socks for 4 months...yes, I have been sick. And going to school. Instead of sitting at the table and knitting while my son does his homework...and helping him as needed...I was also doing homework this winter. Homework sure takes a bite out of knitting time!

Anyway, a few days before leaving the hospital, I picked up the 2nd sock and started knitting. I did get released a week ago on Sunday...an 18 day stay. Other than going to my house DR on Monday for a follow up, I did not much more than sleep the first 2 days home. I am very slowly starting to feel better.  Thank you for all the well wishes!

I happily finished them off yesterday. Even feeling good enough to sit out on the balcony with my husband for short periods of time.
I always knit with my glasses on my head! For knitting, I see better without my glasses! Ignore the bruises on my legs...They are from nightly shots that I need for a few more days.

BUT...do you see what I see? I was looking at the stripe pattern...comparing it to the other sock...and when I got to the end color, I just assumed I was finished. Made the toe. And today, I look at them and think...Gee - one looks shorter than the other! Yup, I stopped 3 bands of color short! Got to undo that toe, pick up the yarn and knit those 3 bands. My poor brain can not even seem to compute simple socks!

I was digging through my knitting bag and found these perfectly lovely gray socks! Absolutely no recollection of knitting them! Those stripes match perfectly,  it just doesn't look like they do in the photo.


I am thinking January? I remember thinking it would be fun to knit socks in "seasonal" colors. And January is gray and snowy! 

My February socks had a touch of red for Valentine's and dark colors for the long dark nights.
March is bright! Got to fix that one sock though! AFTER I finish the pair I started yesterday...

Light green for all the budding new leaves of spring...should be April's theme color.  Well, we will just have to see how the year plays out. Will I have 12 pairs/monthly color...or combine a few months into one seasonal color? Either way, it does keep me entertained!

To see lots of other great knitting projects, head over to Judy's blog at  Patchwork Times .

4 comments:

Ramona said...

So sorry you've been sick! All of your socks are wonderful! I've knitted a sock that was too short, too, and I wasn't sick. These things happen. Happy knitting and I hope you continue to improve.

carol fun said...

Hope you are feeling better... the socks are wonderful... I think we've all knit a sock or two that was too short... glad we can go back and fix them. Happy knitting!

Katie Z. said...

Oh, that's such a long time to be in the hospital! I hope you feel much, much better soon.

[Geo]Holly said...

So sorry to hear you were sick and laid up in the hospital. Good to hear your strength is returning. Love the cheery socks.